You are hugely welcome to Diane Genders Solicitors Ltd as a client and we aim to look after you as well as we sensibly can. Please do let us know if we fail at any time.
You are welcome to visit the offices at any time. Due to Covid19 visiting clients must wear a face covering at all times. Our official opening hours are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 5.00pm on Friday, however we are often available before and after these hours. Whilst an appointment is not necessary, you may wish to telephone to check our availability. We would not want you to have a wasted journey.
We will try to communicate with you at all times in plain English and without jargon.
We will work with you as a team. This means we listen, counsel, suggest options and advise but you will make all the decisions. You are welcome to see draft letters and documents before they are posted.
If Diane, Sara or Polly are away from the office or engaged then Lorraine, Rachel, Nikki or Vicky will know enough about you to help out.
We aim as a minimum to
- Return your calls the same day.
- Respond to emails within two days.
- Answer the telephone promptly.
- Reply to letters in five days although we shall endeavor to respond sooner.
- Regularly update you on progress by telephone or in writing.
- Explain to you by telephone or in writing the legal work required as your matter progresses.
- Update you on the cost of your matter at least every six months.
- Advise you of any changes in the law.
- Update you on whether the likely outcomes still justify the likely costs and risk associated with your case whenever there is a material change in circumstances.
- Update you on the likely timescales for each stage and any important changes in those estimates.
- Continue to review whether there are alternate methods by which your matter can be funded.
Do let us know if we fall down on any of these.
YOUR COMMITMENT TO US
You will provide us with clear, timely and accurate instructions.
You will provide all documentation required in a timely manner.
You will keep us fully informed of any changes in your current circumstances, such as change of address or in connection with your finances.
You will settle your account in line with our terms of business.
You will talk to us in good time if you think that you will start to experience financial difficulties.